linkedin: lynnfield mitchell
Lynnfield Mitchell is a design and retail professional offering 7 years experience in apparel design/product development and 10 years in retail experience. Lynnfield has now completed her MBA and is seeking product/design management opportunities where she can leverage both her creative/design background and her business and entrepreneurship abilities.
2013-2015: University of British Columbia: MBA Masters of Business Administration, Major in Business Innovation & Entrepreneurship
2014-2015: Copenhagen Business School Exchange: Minor in Design Strategy
2005-2009: Ryerson University: BDes, Bachelor of Design, Major in Fashion Design
2003-2005: Olds College: Fashion Production Diploma
2014-2014: Metrics Chartered Accounting (Victoria, BC): Chief Marketing Officer
- Designed & implemented a marketing plan with a primary focus on building online presence, improving SEO, & launching/managing social media.
- Designed & launched a blog, planning & scheduling topics for the next 6 months & writing several posts to include a special feature on Top Canadian Startups to Watch for 2014
- Grew Twitter account by 85% & Facebook by 65% in 3 months, while launching LinkedIn & Google+. Also implemented Hootsuite to manage & provide metrics on all social media channels.
- Improved SEO by 30% on keywords: “cloud-based accounting”, and launched Google Analytics to analyze & report on website traffic.
2012-2013: Lululemon Store Support Centre (Vancouver, BC): Colourist Assistant
- Worked alongside the Colourist in establishing a Colour Management Process for Lululemon though defining needs, generating solutions, mapping out the implementation, & building a team. This resulted in improved colour match (at store level), improved colour quality, & improved efficiency for the organization & mill partners.
- Developed, executed, & approved all colours for Lululemon and Ivivva by utilizing visual & digital review, providing accurate colour direction/colourfastness comments, & travelling seasonally to Asia (Hong Kong & Taiwan) to expedite lab dip approval ratings. Resulted in increasing RMC Buy Ready status from 30% to 85% within two seasons.
- Managed & implemented digital colour review at Lululemon resulting in improved colour match & quality.
- Assisted in the planning & execution of a Colour Conference in Taiwan connecting mill partners with colour & dyeing specialists to discuss the latest industry innovations & collaborate on Right First Time Colour at Lululemon.
- Assisted the Colourist with her presentation on Colour at Lululemon that was delivered at the AIC Conference in the UK, building Lululemon’s brand awareness in the colour Industry.
2009-2012: Bootlegger Home Office (Richmond, BC): Assistant Designer
- Assisted the Senior Designer in developing the creative direction for the women’s team contributing to 3 years of best in history sales. This was accomplished through providing trend accurate themes, colour palettes, prints/graphics, labeling, photoshoots, & ulimately delivering amazing product to our customer.
- Developed & successfully launched Bootlegger’s 2nd private brand, Temperance, through establishing the brand’s identity & differentiating it from the current brand Kismit.
2007-2007: Hudson’s Bay Company (Toronto, ON): Total Brand Management Intern
- Interned in TBM with Business Managers, overseeing Home & Kidswear brands for The Bay, Zellers, & Home Outfitters. Was responsible for building all Brand Matrices for these categories.
2014-2014: VIDYA (India): Team Lead
- Building an eMentorship program between Sauder & VIDYA
- Led a team of students in supporting VIDYA to establish a social media presence & also in growing their fundraising efforts.
- Crowd-fundraised 150,000 rupees via a viral you-tube video in one week.
2014-2014: Sauder Outdoor Club (UBC): Event Planner
- Organizes outdoor events for MBA students to explore the city while fostering meaninful friendships & building networks.
2013-2014: MBA Society (UBC): Graphic Designer
- Volunteering creative abilities to complete all event advertising & marketing creative.
2011-2012: Bootlegger’s Team Celebrate (Richmond, BC): Co-Chair
- Led the team in organizing special events (40th Potluck, Glow Bowling, Thanksgiving Dinner, Christmas Party, Treat Day, etc.) throughout the year to honor Bootlegger’s 40th
- Facilitated the planning & distribution of celebratory Swag Bags for every employee in the company (approx. 1100).
- Designed the Bootlegger Favorite Recipes Book featuring favorites from employees at Home Office.
- English: fluent, 1st language
- French: working proficient
- Danish: beginner, level 3 in progress
- Lynnfield is an active member of the MBA Sailing Club, the Sauder Innovation Club, & the Women in Business Club.
- Lynnfield expresses herself creatively through her food blog called Lynnfield Eats Everything focusing on great restaurants in Vancouver for under $15.
- Lynnfield keeps active attending Pilates and Hot Yoga classes on a weekly basis. She also enjoys surfing in the summer, skiing in the winter, and year round bike rides and dog walks with her puppy Barkley.
- Lynnfield draws inspiration from travelling and experiencing new cultures with the goal of seeing 30 countries by 30 (she is currently at 26).